Activity: Awareness Workshop on CTRH
Number of Participants: 40 (20male, 20 female)
Date: August 11, 2022
Partner: UNDP & Sweden
Brief Story Write up
After Launching the project on the 11th August 2022, on this day we carried out the first awareness workshop on the commission for Truth, reconciliation and healing.
A total of 40 (20male, 20 female) participants included community leaders, church leaders, youth and women in Yambio-Western Equatoria State.
The workshop was intended to create an awareness about very stakeholders’ importance in the effort to obtain lasting peace in South Sudan.
Objectives of the Activity
1. To sensitize the public on the R-ARCSS with a specific focus on CTRH in chapter 5 of the agreement in Nzara
2. To solicit and lobby public and local ownership and participation in restoration of durable peace in Nzara
3. To engage community with their State Leaders on CTRH process
4. To get public views and understanding of the CTRH in Nzara County
5. To sensitize citizens of Nzara and Yambio on the importance, mandate and work of the commission for Truth, Reconciliation and Healing (CTHR), seek their full participation and support towards the CTHR as a means to sustain peace in South Sudan.
Results/Issues discussed and outcome of the Activity
1. 40 members of the public engaged during the awareness workshop on CTRH in Nzara
2. 40 community members understood clearly CTRH processes in Nzara
Recommendations and Action points