Activity: Facilitating Community Volunteer Counselors to provide Psycho-Social Support
Number of Participants: 10 Participants (5males and 5 females)
Partner: UNDP & Sweden
Brief Story Write up
As a component chapter 5 of the 2018, South Sudan revitalized peace agreement, reconciliation and healing are very vital otherwise it will be very difficult to active lasting peace. For healing to be realized, there is need to establishe counselling programme setup for the various victims.
In this session with the help community volunteer counsellors previously trained by UNDP, we were able to train 10 community counsellors who will help provide psychosocial services communities in Yambio County.
Objectives of the Activity
1. To facilitate community volunteer counsellors to provide psychosocial support
2. To reduce level of trauma within the county.
3. To empower victims and survivors of conflicts
Results/Issues Discussed and Outcome of the Activity
1. 10 victims/clients engaged in psycho social support
2. 10 victims/clients most of whom IDPs from Tombura become Trauma free