Project Title: Extension of Provision to support Primary education
Activity: Construction of TLSs and Distribution of School Uniforms
Location: Ezo County – W.E.S
No of beneficiaries: 450 pupils (215male and 235Female)
Period: 1year (2022)
Partner: Manos Unidas
Brief Story Write up
After the signing of the 2018 South Sudan revitalized peace agreement, there has been relative peace and calm in most part of the country especially Western Equatoria State. This has created an environment for pupils to go back to school. The biggest challenge has been the poor learning environment because many schools are under trees either because their earning structure where destroyed during the conflict, or because there are no funds for raising proper learning structures.
In 2022 with funding from Manos Unidas Spain through Rural Development action Aid, Bethlehem Nursery and Primary school has been supported with two Temporary Learning Shelters in order to improve the learning conditions for both the pupils and teachers as well and also provide school furniture in form of desks and officer furniture for teachers.
Objectives of the Activity
1. To improve learning environment for the pupils and teachers
2. To stimulate the increase in enrolment of pupils
3. To lay a strong foundation for the pupils starting at the grass root.
To give the young generation a chance for a brighter future
1. Increased enrolment
2. Improved academic performance of pupils
3. Provision of employment opportunities to the teachers and other none teaching staff
4. Improvement of the learning environment
5. Build intellectual for the future of South Sudan.
6. Transformation of the communities mind-set in regards to development and peaceful co-existence