Activity: Radio Talk show on Healing and Reconciliation
Location: Yambio FM 90.0 MHZ-WES
Number of Participants: Masses
Date: September 13, 2022
Partner: UNDP & Sweden
Brief Activity Story
Since the workshops cannot be used as a media for mass communication to pass on important information to masses over large distance, in the bide to have the message of healing and reconciliation reach to more people, we opted to use the radio talk shows and on this day the project officer shared about healing and reconciliation in relation to the 2018 South Sudan revitalized peace agreement to the people of Yambio
Objectives of the Activity
1. To create awareness to the general public on the commission for Truth, Reconciliation and Healing (CTRH)
2. To educate the masses on the importance, processes and procedures of CTRH.
3. To empower the community to clearly understand their roles in CTRH processes.
Results/Issues discussed and outcome of the Activity
Recommendations and Action points
1. Callers appealed to RDAA to extend such programs to other areas as well
2. Callers appreciated RDAA and UNDP disseminating the peace agreement especially chapter 5.
3. Government was encouraged by callers to prioritise peace over their interests/positions